Baked Chicken Tacos
-3 Chicken Breasts (diced)
-1 tsp of olive oil
-1 can of diced tomatoes or 1 jar of salsa
-1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning
-1 Box of Taco Shells
– Mexican Shredded Cheese
-TOP tacos with Spinach OR lettuce
2. Heat a medium sauce pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat, add 1 tsp of olive oil.
3.Add your diced chicken and cook for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, add your salsa or diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, stir together and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Spray a glass baking dish with nonstick spray, and then fill your shells with the chicken / salsa mixture. IF you are using 21 day fix containers, then use your green container to measure the taco filling.
5. Top each taco with cheese (blue container to measure).
6. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
7. Top with shredded lettuce or spinach.
Two Tacos counts as 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 green.
When assembling my tacos, I used my GREEN container to measure the chicken / salsa mixture (counts as one red for the chicken), the blue container to measure the cheese, and then top with a green container of spinach or lettuce. I used my green container to measure the meat / salsa mixture because there is veggies mixed in there too but you could just use your RED container to measure the meat.