These dark chocolate flourless brownie muffins are delicious and healthy, so you can have this treat as part of any healthy lifestyle. Or if you need to get back to healthy eating, sign up for my 3 Day Healthy Jumpstart email series HERE.
How can you go wrong with muffins that taste just like brownies? (Hint: you can’t.)
You might think a recipe for brownie muffins would include rich, decadent ingredients, but you’d be wrong.
A handful of simple ingredients — plus an unexpected one — mix together to create dreamy muffins that you can eat as dessert or part of a healthy BREAKFAST!
Prep Time 13 mins
Cook Time 23 mins (get a workout done)
Total Time 36 mins
Servings 12 servings, 1 muffin each
Calories 160 kcal
1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
3 large eggs
½ cup pure maple syrup
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Better yet use the Silicone reusable Muffin Cups I use, no spray needed!
3. Place chickpeas, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
4. Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
5. Top each cupcake with about four chocolate chips; push into batter.
6. Bake for 23 to 26 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool completely and enjoy!
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.