Need something new to cook for the family this week? This is from the FIXATE Cookbook which you can get through me. It has 101 family friendly pleasing recipes that are clean and configured for the 21 day fix way of eating!
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN
I never make the waffle with the chicken (weird idea to me), but you and your family are going to love this recipe so much, you will pre-make a batch of the “crust”, I can almost guarantee it. Sorry for any typos from my phone ❤
Serves 4 – Prep: 30min – Cook: 36min – 1 Red, 1/2 Blue, 1 Tsp
2 TBSP Pine Nuts, toasted
1 TBSP Cornmeal
1/2 tsp each of onion powder, ground paprika, garlic powder, ground black pepper, dried oregano leaves, dried thyme leaves, baking powder
1/4 tsp each of ground cayenne pepper, sea salt or Himalayan
1/4 cup of almond flour
1/4 cup of coconut flour
2 TBSP grated parmigiano cheese
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (I use unsweetened Almond Milk)
1 large egg white (2 Tbsp)
4 (4oz) each RAW Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1. Preheat Oven to 425 F.
2. Place Pine Nuts and Cornmeal in food processor (or blender); cover and puls until finely ground.
3. Combine pine nut mix, all the spices, the flours and baking powder in a shallow dish; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine milk and egg white in a shallow dish and whisk to blend.
5. Dip each chicken breast into the milk mix; dredge in pine nut mix until evenly coated. Set aside.
6. Heat oil in large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant.
7. Add chicken breasts; cook for 3 to 4min. Turn chicken.
8. Place skillet in oven; bake for 10 to 12 min, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each breast reads 165 F.
Serve with Salad or favorite vegetable.
Created by Autumn Calabrese.