- 3 cups water
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk or water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup or to taste
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pour the water and milk (if using) into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the oats to the pan, stir, and reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring often, until the oats are your desired texture. Cook for 20-25 minutes for oats with more chewy texture; cook longer for softer oats, adding more liquid as needed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Top with your favourite fruits